Friday, August 7, 2009

"First Friday" Mission COMPLETE!!!

Woo Hoo! My first mission was a success! I really tried to make it a LOT harder on myself by racking my brain half the day trying to make a witty reference to the day...i.e. "First Street" or "Friday's" However, the only First St. in my small town is a residential street and it's super narrow and densely populated...and "T.G.I. Friday's" is in the next big town over approx. 32 miles from me...so, I compromised and went with...

(drum roll please....)








It works on SOOOOOOO many levels RIGHT? I mean the name alone is PERFECT...


good⋅will–noun
1.friendly disposition; benevolence; kindness.




And I L.O.V.E. the very first synonym according to dictionary.com


Synonyms:

1. friendliness.




My mission was to place flowers and a $20 gift card inside a random shopping cart in the parking lot outside the Goodwill on 1700 SE Mile Hill Road. (*if this is your vehicle I apologize for including it in the photo; since the lic plate is not visible, I thought it would be okay, please email me if you would like me to omit this pic!) :)








Also, since this was my VERY first R.A.O.K. as Secret Agent T; I decided to make it extra special and got a jazzy gift card box! I opted not to write in it so that the recipient could use it for gift giving too!









Details, details...I've got to admit this was trickier than I thought it would be! You never think about trying to be inconspicuous during everyday goings-on...and I mean there are a LOT of people coming and going EVERYWHERE, ha! So, I moved the car around quite a bit while I "watched and waited"...I know it looked like I was "casing the joint" and I guess, technically, I WAS! :) Thankfully, there was a brief respite of shoppers and the perfect time to "strike"...





Of course, during my "wait time" I got a little panicky and worried someone might try to turn it in thinking someone had accidentally left it behind. So, I quickly handwrote this



I am still flying high with the random goodness of it!!! Overall, it was AWESOME and it reminded me of the Friends episode where Phoebe and Joey have a discussion about how there are no unselfish acts... TRULY, I think the giver gets as much, maybe MORE, as the receiver!

I hope this finds you experiencing some kindness wherever you may be...until the next mission...S.A.T.





1 comment:

Secret Agent S said...

awesome. I'm waiting for confirmation from Secret Agent L for affiliation... I may strike tomorrow... :)